1. Alpinestars Verona Air jacket: Our favorite summer motorcycle jacket from Alpinestars is the Verona Air jacket, which moves air well and has kept us cool in warm temperatures. Made of a dual 450 denier polyester outer shell with mesh inserts and a double PU coating, it also has removable CE-certified Bio Armor in the elbows and shoulders, providing impact protection while being slim, light and allowing for a comfortable fit. Alpinestars Bionic chest pads and CE-certified RC back protector are available as optional accessories. The Velcro waist adjustment flap allows for a custom fit, and we like the zippered cuffs that allow for easy entry and exit. This is a great jacket for commuting and more, and we really like its stylish design, with the Alpinestars logo on the chest. It’s cut quite slim, so read the sizing chart carefully, and consider going up a size unless you’re also quite thin. Available in black/desert (shown in the Image Gallery) and black/black in sizes S-3XL. Price: $179.95.
2. Firstgear Rush Mesh jacket: The Firstgear Rush Mesh motorcycle jacket features an outer shell made of 250 denier poly mesh for good ventilation in warm weather, plus a lightweight perforated nylon inner lining for comfort and maximum airflow. It also includes a removable, full-sleeved, water-resistant windblock liner. The summer motorcycle jacket features CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows, plus an EVA foam back pad. It has two exterior pockets, plus an interior phone pocket on the left side and a map/cargo pocket on the right side of both the liner and the jacket, so the inside pockets are in the same place whether you have the liner in or not! The left side also has an interior security pocket with a red slider for easy visibility that’s perfect for your wallet, along with reflective panels on the front, arms and back for nighttime visibility. One great feature of Firstgear jackets is that they come with a jacket-to-pant, 10-inch full conjunction zipper that can be sewn into your favorite pants. Available in dayglo/black, black, and silver/black, in sizes S-3XL, and also Tall LG-2XL. Price: $179.95.
3. Fulmer Firetrak jacket: Fulmer has made helmets for many years, and now they’ve branched out into more motorcycle gear, including gloves, jackets and pants. The Fulmer Firetrak jacket is great for warmer weather, as it is made from a breathable close cell poly mesh. It features removable CE armor at the elbows and shoulders, along with a 100 percent waterproof breathable zip-out liner that allows perspiration to escape while preventing water from penetrating. The collar features a soft anti-chafe liner. The waist and sleeves are hook-and-loop adjustable, and there’s a reflective white stripe running across the front, back and sleeves. Available in sizes S-4XL, in blue (shown in the Image Gallery), red, black, silver and green. Price: $119.95.
4. Triumph Adventure Mesh jacket: If you prefer the brand of your jacket to match the brand of your bike (and you happen to ride a Triumph, of course) check out the Triumph Adventure Mesh motorcycle jacket. This cool enduro-styled summer motorcycle jacket has large air flow panels across the front and back, along with the insides of the sleeves. It features CE-certified armor in the elbows and shoulders, along with a windproof and water-resistant removable liner. There’s 3M reflective printing on the front and back for visibility, and it includes a jacket/pant zipper. Available in U.S. sizes 36-56. Please note that Triumph’s sizing runs small, and it is recommended that you order one size larger than what you normally wear. Price: $199.99.
5. Joe Rocket Velocity mesh jacket: Brand new from Joe Rocket is the Velocity mesh jacket. In fact, this summer motorcycle jacket is so new we haven’t gotten to sample one yet, but Joe Rocket says its features include a FreeAir mesh shell on the chest, back and inner sleeves for maximum airflow, along with Rocktex-reinforced shoulders and outer sleeves for protection. Inside is a quick-release waterproof liner and contoured armor at the shoulders and elbows. It also has a removable spine pad with a pocket for optional CE spine armor, high density rib padding and a six-point SureFit custom adjustment system. The jacket has two outside pockets and one inside pocket, along with belt loops for pants attachment. There’s also a reflective stripe that runs across the front and down the arms of the jacket. Available in sizes S-3XL in black/black, black/blue, black/grey (shown in the Image Gallery) and black/red. Price: $129.99.
6. Tour Master Draft Air 2 jacket: The latest summer motorcycle jacket from Tour Master is the Draft Air 2. This is another jacket that hadn’t yet made it into warehouses by press time, so while we haven’t seen this one, the specs sound like it should be another winner. Made from Armor-Link 2 mesh material and 600 denier Carbolex, we’re told it provides exceptional airflow and safety. The jacket features 360-degree Phosolite reflective piping, along with Tour Master’s signature reflective rear triangle to increase nighttime visibility. The mandarin-style collar is lined with microfiber for comfort, as are the cuffs. The sleeves feature hook-and-loop at the forearm, along with an elastic snap at the bicep to help secure elbow armor and material. There’s removable, CE-certified armor at the elbow and shoulder, along with an articulated Triple Density back protector. Hand-warmer pockets on the outside combine with a zippered chest map pocket, an internal pouch pocket and a mobile media pocket. The jacket also comes with connections for the optional Tour Master Aquatherm Liner. There are adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls to help fine-tune the fit, and a jacket/pant zipper attachment, with the pant side included. Available in men’s sizes S-XXL in black, silver, red and blue. Price: $149.99. MC
Visit the Image Gallery for photos of each mesh motorcycle jacket.
The latest classic motorcycle events and tours.LEARN MORE